From 85kg to 63kg: How I Reclaimed My Health and Found My Rhythm
From 85kg to 69kg: How I Reclaimed My Health and Found My Rhythm
They say the longest journey begins with a single step, but for me, it began with a single realization: I wanted to feel as strong on the outside as I felt on the inside.
Starting at 85kg, I knew I had a mountain to climb. Today, standing at 63kg, I’m not just lighter in weight—I’m lighter in spirit. If you’re currently where I was at the start, this is for you. Here is how I navigated the 22kg transformation.
1. Finding My "Why"
Weight loss is rarely just about the number on the scale. For me, it was about longevity and energy. Whether it was wanting to stay active for my loved ones or simply having the stamina to get through a busy workday without feeling drained, having a clear "Why" kept me going when the initial motivation faded.
2. Moving with Purpose
I didn't start by running marathons. I started by moving consistently. Eventually, I found activities that felt less like "exercise" and more like a hobby.
Cardio is Key: Whether it’s brisk walking, jogging, or cycling, find a pace that challenges you but stays sustainable.
The Power of Play: Don't underestimate the calorie-burn of social sports! Engaging in something competitive makes the time fly by.
3. Nutrition Without Deprivation
I stopped looking at food as the enemy and started seeing it as fuel. The biggest changes weren't radical "fad diets" but simple, repeatable habits:
Portion Awareness: Learning what a serving size actually looks like.
Prioritizing Protein: It kept me full and helped maintain muscle as the fat dropped off.
The 80/20 Rule: I ate clean 80% of the time, leaving room for the foods I love so I never felt "trapped" by my diet.
4. Embracing the Plateaus
There were weeks when the scale didn't budge. In the past, that’s where I would have quit. This time, I measured success differently:
How do my clothes fit?
How is my resting heart rate?
How much further can I run today than I could last month?
5. The Mental Game
The physical transformation was 22kg, but the mental transformation was immeasurable. I learned that self-discipline is the highest form of self-love. Every time I chose a healthy meal or a morning workout, I was voting for the person I wanted to become.
Final Thoughts
To anyone starting at 85kg (or any number that feels heavy): Start where you are. You don’t need to be perfect; you just need to be consistent. The 63kg version of you is waiting—keep going!
What’s your biggest struggle when it comes to staying consistent? Let’s chat in the comments!
#WeightLossJourney #Transformation #FitnessMotivation #HealthyLiving #BeforeAndAfter
0 comments