THINGS TO DO IN HONG KONG!

Klook.com

Manjuyod Sandbar; The Maldives of the Philippines

By itsmejamesrhed - October 14, 2018




Do you want to be in a place which they called it the Maldives of the Philippines? Well, this sandbar is good for you. It is situated in Bais City, Province of Negros Oriental. Bais City is 45.8 km away from Dumaguete by bus or equivalent to 1.5 hour ride.

Manjuyod Sandbar is part of my side trip in Dumaguete, so if you're planning to go to Dumaguete you may include this in your itinerary just to satisfy your curiosity which you heard from your friends or saw it on the internet.




During my visit, I was not able to catch the low tide so unfortunately, I was not able to witness the beauty of the famous sandbar. But my boatman suggested to come to another sandbar for me to not waste my time waiting for the low level of seawater.


When I got there I had the opportunity to enjoy the photo op. This is 10 minutes away from the main sandbar.


Though it was a gloomy weather still I managed to go there. So after the pictorials, I went back to the main sandbar to take my lunch.


Since I didn't bring anything I asked the local if someone can cook for me, good thing this woman offers me lunch for only PHP 250.00 only. (Hmmmm Deliciousss....)




Of course to obey my thirst this fresh Buko juice sums up my delicious meal for only PHP 35.00.


After my lunch, I went swimming and chill for the rest of my time before heading up to my next destination.












How to get there?

1. From Dumaguete City take a Ceres Bus. The fare is only PHP 55.00. According to them if you want to catch the dolphin you need to be early as 4:00 AM but since I woke up late, I went to the terminal at 5:30 AM so the bus left at exactly 6:00 AM.

2. From the Bus stop in Bais City, there are many tricycle drivers in the waiting shed who are ready to take you to Canibol Wharf or the Capinahan Wharf. The fare is PHP 100.00 (one way only).

3. When you arrive at the wharf you can contact your boatman which you arranged ahead of time. Since I went solo I rented a small boat worth PHP 1,000.00.

4. Travel time to Manjuyod Sandbar is 15-20 minutes.

How much have I spent?

Transportation:
110.00 - Ceres Bus (Round Trip)
200.00 - Tricycle (Round Trip)
250.00 - Lunch
35.00 - Buko
1,000.00 - Rented Boat
=======
PHP 1,595.00 - Total

If you think this information is helpful to you please feel free to share. 


By the way, follow my Instagram account for my traveling experiences! Just click the link below.

JšŸ…°MES RHED™ ķ˜„ ģ •ė¶€ (@itsmejamesrhed) * Instagram photos and videos

8,542 Followers, 6,373 Following, 1,420 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from JšŸ…°MES RHED™ ķ˜„ ģ •ė¶€ (@itsmejamesrhed)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments