THINGS TO DO IN HONG KONG!

Klook.com

Exploring the Waterfalls and Springs in Valencia, Negros Oriental

By itsmejamesrhed - December 03, 2017


It's another solo traveling and adventure was done in my bucket list this year. One of these is my Negros Oriental trip.


What to do?

First, before exploring the City of Dumaguete, I went to a nearby town which is the Municipality of Valencia.  Valencia is 30 - 45 minutes away from Dumaguete. It's a first class municipality in the Province of Negros Oriental, Philippines. This municipality is known as the greenest and cleanest municipality of the province which is very true since I was there.. lol.

How to get there?

From Dumaguete City take a tricycle and ask the driver to drop you off to Valencia Jeepney Terminal. The fare is PHP 12.00 only. Upon reaching the town take a habal-habal (motorcycle) to take you to your desired destination. If you need a driver you may contact Kuya Michael @ 09565869485 to be sure. Though all the driver there is friendly but Kuya Michael works in the government so you will be handled with care. lol. He offered PHP 500.00 good for Three (3) destinations but in my case I gave him PHP 700.00 as a tip and for taking me to back to the hotel.


What are the places to visit?

CASARORO FALLS




Casaroro falls is a 15 to 20 minutes ride from the town of Valencia. This wonderful falls behind my back is not easy to get. You know why? You will just simply take the 357 steps stairs going down to the falls. Your endurance also will be measured because of the big rocks along the way.



Casaroro Falls was hit by Typhoon Sendong last December 2011.  According to my tour guide this was a resort before but now it's gone because of the flash flood.


The local government of Valencia prohibited the visitors to go swimming because of series of accidents happened before. Though I'm so sticky and wet I decided not to take the risk. lol



The pictures below shows my experience before reaching the falls.




This big rocks makes me sick! lol. I am not prepared to do this, if I knew it I should have done jogging first before my travel Hahaha. By the way it has an arrow to follow so that you will know where to pass by.



This is the 357 steps stairs. It's easy and slippery when going down but, I need to warn you when you go back. You have to take a rest for every 20 steps or else you might see yourself carried by the locals. lol



This is the entrance of the falls where you need to log your name for compliance and pay the PHP 10.00 environmental Fee.



Aside from the big rocks and stairs, you need to pass by also the waters coming in so you really have to be careful.

Next stop is the,


PULANGBATO FALLS



Pulangbato Falls is another 30 - 45 minutes ride from Casaroro Falls. In this destination I was able to go swimming since the falls is too cold. My tiring feet relaxes and satisfy the needs of my sticky body. All you have to do is to go down in a few steps of stairs. This is good than Caroro Falls. lols. It has a PHP 50.00 entrance fee and you can avail any of the man-made pools.


The mandatory look down pose. lol


The whole view of the resort. Sorry for the water spill on the screen. lol

and my last stop is

RED RACK HOT SPRING



After experiencing my hardest part of trekking the Casaroro Falls and the cold falls of Pulangbato I went also to Red Rack Hot Spring to neutralize my activities.



It's a 12 - 15 minutes ride from Pulangbato. The entrance fee is only PHP 25.00 and you can soak yourself in their man-made pool with 37 to 39 degree Celsius warm water.  As we all know that hot springs has a therapeutic claim that can benefit some health problems.



since it's dark already I was not able to visit some other destination. After a 4 - 5 hours of adventure I can say that I enjoyed my quick and unplanned tour in Valencia.

How much I spend?

   8.00  - Going to Valencia Jeepney Terminal
 12.00  - Fare going to Valencia
 10.00 -  Entrance Fee - Casaroro Falls
 50.00 -  Entrance Fee - Pulang Bato Falls
 25.00 -  Entrance Fee - Red Rock Hot Spring
700.00 - Motorcycle (Including Tip and fare back to the Hotel)
=====
PHP 805.00




By the way, follow my Instagram account for my traveling experiences! Just click the link below.

JšŸ…°MES RHED™ ķ˜„ ģ •ė¶€ (@itsmejamesrhed) * Instagram photos and videos

8,542 Followers, 6,373 Following, 1,420 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from JšŸ…°MES RHED™ ķ˜„ ģ •ė¶€ (@itsmejamesrhed)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments